Friday, January 28, 2011

Peas Pulav

I learnt this from my husband. Yes!!! This is one of my favourite dishes prepared by him. At bengaluru we used to get lots of fresh green peas in the month of December and January and he used to prepare it for me once in a weak.

Another key thing I observed while his cooking , he uses Electric rice cooker for any kind of Rice item. It well cooks rice and maintains perfect shape. So if you have a electric rice cooker better go for it else its good with pressure cooker as well(As I do).

I prepared this last week and I wanted toshare that with you all.

You Need To Have:
2 cups of Basmati rice (or 1 cup sona masoori + 1 cup Basmati Rice)
1 cup Fresh green peas
4-5 green chilies
1/2 bunch coriander leaves
1 inch piece ginger
3-4 garlic cloves
1 medium size tomato
2 onion( 1 for grinding+ 1 for frying)
1/2 tsp Red chilly powder
1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
1/2 tsp Coriander powder
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
salt to taste
1 tsp ghee
2 tsp oil
2-3 cloves
2 small pieces Cinnamon
2-3 bay leaf

Method: Soak basmati rice for 15-20 mins.

Put Green chilies,coriander leaves, ginger,garlic, diced tomato and onion in a mixer jar and ground it to a smooth paste.

Take ghee and oil in thick bottomed pan and add cinnamon, clove , bay leaf. fry them for about 1 min. then add chopped onion and fry it.


Add green peas and ground paste ,dry powders to it.fry for 5-6 mins.

Add rice and required amont of water to it.(I used 1½ cup water for 1 cup basmati rice). bring it to boil.

Add salt and transfer this mixture to rice cooker continer or pressure cooker and cook.

For pressure cooker 2 whistles should be sufficient.
Keep it aside for 5 mins and mixwell before serving.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...